Welcome to the TradeKing API. We aim to provide an API that allows any developer to write fully featured trading and analytical applications through their brokerage account. If you’re new to working with APIs read through this document and check out the external resources we reference.
You should also bookmark this site (developers.tradeking.com) where you’ll find documentation, development tools, links to our forums and API update information. Remember to check back here often for new documentation and updates on the API.
As a developer you can head down a few different paths. If you’re interested in developing an application for your own needs you're in the right place to create an application and get cracking on development. Down the road, if you feel like sharing your code, we encourage you to do so. Keep us posted on your progress and ask questions in the forums.
If you’re interested in partnering with TradeKing as a company or developer get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
API Request Endpoint
Getting Set Up
- Login to your TradeKing account
- Browse to http://developers.tradeking.com
- Click "Manage Applications"
- This part of the site allows you to see all of the applications you have authorized to your account, as well as the applications you have created.
- Click "Create a new application"
- This form will create a new application for you to begin development
- Enter each piece of information about the application you'd like to have set up
- The Callback URL is only necessary during the OAuth process and doesn't need to be valid for development
- Once submitted you'll be presented with 4 keys used for authentication into your account (See the OAuth section)
- Consumer Key: the key associated with your application
- Consumer Secret: the key used to sign requests on behalf of your application
- Access Token: the key used to make requests on behalf of your user account
- Access Token Secret: the key used to sign requests on behalf of the user (you!)
- That's it! You're ready to start coding.
At the time of publication and in the preceding month, TradeKing did not have ownership greater than 1% in any stocks mentioned here and does not have any other actual, material conflict of interest known at the time of publication. TradeKing did not receive compensation from a public offering or from investment banking services related to any companies mentioned here within the past 12 months, or expects to receive any in the next 3 months. TradeKing did not engage in market making in the securities mentioned here.